Phase 3 Heightened Alert: July Masses 2021
With effect from July 2021, we will be introducing the following:
- A cap of five weekday Masses per booking.
- Mass booking/cancellation will be 3 hours before Mass. Please be charitable to cancel your booking if you are unable to attend.
- Masses for up to 180 persons on stipulated Saturday 5.30pm (subject to individuals who have either completed the full vaccination regimen* or undergone approved Pre-Event Testing (PET)**). More details below:
Pilot Trial Masses in July for up to 180 persons
Masses will be held at the Main Church on the following Saturdays at 5.30pm:
- Sat 17 Jul & Sat 24 Jul: 100 persons
- Sat 31 Jul: 180 persons
Please note the following:
Persons are deemed to have completed their Covid-19 vaccinations more than 14 days prior to the date of the mass after they received their second dose of either Pfizer or Moderna jabs. Those who have completed their Covid-19 vaccinations will be required to show proof via their Trace Together token/app or vaccination certificate.
**Pre-Event Testing (PET):
- Test results from self-test kits will not be accepted.
- Individuals must undergo PET or have completed both doses of the Covid-19 vaccinations.
- Parishioners will need to have a test report showing they are Covid-free from an approved MoH service provider taken less than 24 hours from end of Mass time. A negative PET result is only valid for 24 hours – that is from the time an individual register at the testing premises for the test.
- Parishioners are to ensure that the result of the test is valid until the end of the Mass that he/she is attending.
- All PETs must be done by individuals on their own before they attend Mass.
- Sinovac vaccine is currently not under the MOH’s list of vaccines recognised for exemption from pre-event testing.
* Under MOH guidelines, accepted PETs are the approved Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test (ART) or the Polymerase Chain Reaction Test (PCR) which must be administered by an approved test provider.
Failing the above criteria, parishioners will be turned away from these Masses.
For more information, please visit www.catholic.sg/resumption-of-mass32 or more details on PET at www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/pet
Masses for up to 50 persons (JPII Hall)
All Masses aside from the three stipulated Saturday evening Masses mentioned above, will be capped at 50 persons.
- Pre-event testing is not required.
- All parishioners are welcome for these Masses, regardless of vaccination status.
- For persons who have not been vaccinated, including families with young children, you are encouraged to continue to attend Masses under this category.
Things to note for all Masses:
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell or at high risk.
- Registration starts 50 minutes before Mass and ends 10 minutes after Mass begins.
- No walk-ins are allowed for all Masses.
- It is mandatory to use the TraceTogether app or token for SafeEntry into SFX premises. Parishioners with tokens without working batteries will be denied entry even if they have a valid booking.
- Please bring along your physical photo identification card (NRIC/FIN/Passport) for MARS booking verification.
- A no-show for Masses that have been booked is being tracked in the system.
- From June 2021, all bookings in MARS will come with a booking number. This will reduce the need for a Mass re-booking exercise should regulation change.
- Please promptly leave the premises once the mass is over.
Let us cooperate with our volunteers and keep our parish community safe!