“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11: 28
Every Wednesday between 7pm to 10.30pm, John Paul II Hall will be open for silent prayer. No booking is required, but a maximum of 10 people at one time will be allowed. It will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Usual safe distancing measures are applicable.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can non-vaccinated parishioners attend?
Yes. Both non-vaccinated and vaccinated are welcome.
2. Can parishioners from other churches attend?
No. Only parishioners registered to SFX in the Mass booking system are allowed.
3. Can we sit in the hall for the full 3 1/2 hours that it is open?
We hope that parishioners will be gracious if there are people waiting; so a time of 20 mins will be allocated.
4. Do we need to check in before going into the hall?
Yes. All normal COVID-19 procedures will be in place. For example mask should be worn at all times and if you need to cough, please cough into the mask.
5. Do I need to clean my seat before I leave?
Yes. Alcohol wipes will be provided at the door.
6. How do we maintain safe distancing inside the hall?
Only 10 people will be allowed in at one time, and only even-numbered seats will be used.
7. Is this Holy Hour?
No. there is no exposition of the Eucharist in the Monstrance.
8. Do we need to book a time slot?
No. It will be first-come, first-served basis.
9. Do we need to register before going into the hall?
Yes. A QR code will need to be scanned leading to a form where you fill in your details and the seat you have chosen. This is for our record and contact tracing.
10. What if I have a question or need help?
A volunteer will be on hand to assist.